Sunday 8 April 2012

Poster designs

Poster Idea One

I based this idea on the Martha Marcy May Marlene (M) poster.  Instead of using one main image, like the original M poster, I decided to use more than one, and use a different image for each letter.  I thought this would introduce our film more to the audience.

I don't like the colours of the background.  I do not think that white was the correct colour to use.  Instead of making the poster look slick, the blurred edges and the font make it seem like a childs film.



Poster Idea Two

When planning our film, myself and Jess went and took some bokeh still images.  When looking through these photos I came across this one.  I liked the different colours used, and how eye-catching it was.  I then took the title of the film onto the poster.  I like the sleekness of the poster, and although it is simplistic in its design, I think audiences would be intrigued by this image, and it suggests the artistic style of our film.

However, I don't think this poster shows the amount of work that has gone into our film.  This poster was very easy and quick to make.  The stencils used to make the words/symbols took hours to make.  I therefor do not think this is the best image to use when promoting our film.



Poster Idea Three

Jess then suggested that I take the image from the previous poster and combine it with the concept of poster 1.  Instead of having a white background though, I changed it to a dark grey.  I felt this colour brought out the colours of the lights, and also made it look very slick and smart.  

I didn't feel, however, that the image used introduces the audience to the entire techniques or concept of our film.  


Poster Idea Four

From poster three I then decided to go back to the original idea from poster 1.  I used the strongest images from our film and placed the different images behind each image.  I like how the grey background brings out the colours much better than the white background.  The text used is clear and easy to understand, yet doesn't draw attention from the image and title.  The images used show our audience the concept and techniques used within our film, such as the stars and the person.  It introduces the audience to the bokeh technique, and it intrigues them to find out more about our film.  





No comments:

Post a Comment