Sunday 8 April 2012

Review Page - First Draft

This review is based on the Sight and Sound article I analysed earlier.  Like Sight and Sound I have chosen to used three colours for the fonts.  This makes the review easier for the audience to read, and puts focus on the main text and image used.

I have used one of the strongest images we've gained from the research and production stage.  This is our strongest image because of the eye-catching, bright colours and how they artistically, and naturally merge together.

I wanted to get more feedback for our review page....

"I like the image you've chosen to use as its very interesting and sums up the content of your film well, however, it doesn't show that you will change the light into a shape.  To improve it you could put the text into collumns, like they do in real magazine reviews, and put an image of a shaped bokeh." - Hannah Emery, 17




"The font used looks quite boring.  I know its more sophisticated than other film magazines, but I think it needs to look more fun.  I wanna look at the page and be interest, not put off by office fonts.  Maybe change the font to the same font used in the poster and film?"  - Abi Jones, 17




From this feedback I think I need to make slight changes to the review page.  Hannah felt that the image used shows the technique, but not as fully as it could be if we use a different image.  I will try using the close-up of the people instead of a simple bokeh.  This will show the complexity of our film and the skill involved.  Abi felt that the font used was very formal.  Our film is very fun and quirky, so I I will change the font back to our original font used in our film and poster.  This will link our ancillary products more closely together, because they will have the same house-style.



No comments:

Post a Comment